For last 6 months, I’ve been working on several facebook application development including my personal apps. All the applications I developed using the FBML as canvas page url. For my last 2 applications, GRE + Sun dictionary I’ve to integrate flash application within canvas page. And I found there are several restriction applied to flash player if I use FBML as canvas page. So this is pain.
Yesterday, I was porting one of my old flash game into facebook app and I choose IFrame as Canvas page URL of facebook application development. And I found it is very cool to use IFrame than FBML. Here I’ve given my personal opinions:
- If you choose IFrame, you have to learn and spend very few hours of facebook application development.
- You could easily integrate flash app within your IFrame, as like as normal web application.
- Using XFBML you can render some useful FBML tags within in your IFrame application.
- Developing application becomes faster if you choose IFrame.
- You can port any web application easily to facebook application if you choose IFrame.
- If you target, you’ll port your application in facebook, myspace or other social site, then choosing IFrame for facebook definately the best idea.
*** This is my personal opinion on facebook application developement.