After 4 months I’ve to fully come back Windows Xp instead of Ubuntu Linux. There are some reasons why I’ve to take this major dicision.
- My laptop Compaq EvoN6206 is designed for Windows Xp. 512 ram and pentium M processor 1.4 GHZ gives better performance than Ubuntu or Fedora.
- As I’ve license to use Windows Xp so there is no problem to use it.
- In my laptop, Ubuntu is 3 times slower than Windows Xp.
- Ubuntu Hardy haron 8.04’s Ram management is not good. In windows when I minimize an application, it free the RAM taken by this app to other. But Ubuntu could’nt do it properly.
- As a web application developer, its a headache wheather your web application is running fine in Internet Explorer or Not. I couldn’t manage to run IE7 in linux.
- However, beside windows I still installed Ubuntu in my laptop. But, most of the time I’ll use Windows Xp. In future may be I use linux most of the time or will buy a Apple laptop to get the flavour of unix.